To claim a podfic, please reply to this post with the number assigned to the podfic. If you claim a podfic, please make sure you have completed the sign up form so that your friendly neighborhood mod has your contact information. Please claim only ONE title at this time. We will open to second requests at a later time if any podfics remain unclaimed.( Claims under the cut. )
Only two more months before posting begins! Time to check-in and let us all know how you're doing. What's your latest progress? Need help with anything?
Are you approximately 60% finished with your podfic? Submit a request for cover art by Friday, August 18: https://goo.gl/forms/SRnQsgZTxqNX7HsI3
tributes participants, to this year's Hunger Games Podfic Big Bang! We have 21 participants signed up at this point, including many newcomers. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with for the challenge. ♥
For this check-in, let's talk about your goals for the next few months.
- What fic (or fics) do you hope to podfic for the challenge?
- What progress have you made thus far?
The podficbigbang is back for Round 6! I have a few important announcements:
- Due to the difficulty in managing the challenge in multiple places at once and in recognition of recent mass exodus from LiveJournal, the challenge will only be operating on Dreamwidth going forward. My apologies to those of you who may be disappointed in this change.
- The Epic Podfic Big Bang will not be running this year. It's back to just the regular Podfic Big Bang with the usual requirement of 10,000 words. But that doesn't mean you can't shoot for an epic word count yourself!
- Since we'll be posting in October (my favorite time of the year), I've made the executive decision to name all things Autumn as the optional theme for the year. Behold my cosmic modly powers! Bring on the fallen leaves, harvest moon, pumpkin spice, and Halloween shenanigans. Interpret the theme as broadly or narrowly as you please or ignore it entirely.
Rules and Requirements
- Your mission is to record an audiobook for a fic with a minimum of 10,000 words.
- You may produce as many podfics for the challenge as you wish.
- You may collaborate with other podficcers for the challenge, but we would appreciate it if all co-collaborators signed up here so we have everyone's contact information in case we need it.
- You must be approximately 60% complete by the art request deadline to qualify for official art match-ups.
- If you are not interested in or do not qualify for the official art match-ups, you are free to create your own cover art, ask someone to create cover art for you outside the challenge, or post without cover art.
- Your mission is to claim the podfic of your choice and create a minimum of one work of cover art.
- You may claim one podfic the first week after art claims open.
- You may claim as many additional podfics as you wish after the first week of art claims.
Fill out the poll to sign-up!
Don't have a Dreamwith account? Try signing up with OpenID!
Your email address:
Is this your first time participating in Podfic Big Bang?
I would like to participate as a ...
Do you have any questions or comments for us?
Title: Bleed Out
Reader: Rating: PG-13/Teen & Up
Warnings: serial killers, graphic depictions of violence
Summary:After Iruka’s confrontation with Kakashi before the chuunin exams, he’s targeted by a serial killer who seems to be picking off disrespectful chuunin. Iruka survives, but it’s only a matter of time before the killer returns to finish the job. Finding his name on the suspects’ list, Kakashi bullies his way onto Tenzou’s investigation in an attempt to clear his name and protect Iruka from the real threat.
Cover Artist: kerravon
Fandom: Good Omens, Supernatural
Ship: Crowley/Aziraphale, Dean Winchester/Castiel, Sam Winchester/Gabriel
Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence
This is a podfic of "Arrangements", a Good Omens/Supernatural crossover fic in MP3 and M4b format.
Total length: 13 Hours, 23 Minutes 05 Seconds
Format: MP3 And M4b
Text available at: Arrangements
Chapter 1 mp3 m4b
Chapter 2 mp3 m4b
Chapter 3 mp3 m4b
Chapter 4 mp3 m4b
Chapter 5 mp3 m4b
Chapter 6 mp3 m4b
Chapter 7 mp3 m4b
Chapter 8 mp3 m4b
Chapter 9 mp3 m4b
Chapter 10 mp3 m4b
Chapter 11 mp3 m4b
Chapter 12 mp3 m4b
Chapter 13 mp3 m4b
Chapter 14 mp3 m4b
Chapter 15 mp3 m4b
Chapter 16 mp3 m4b
Chapter 17 mp3 m4b
Chapter 18 mp3 m4b
Chapter 19 mp3 m4b
Chapter 20 mp3 m4b
Chapter 21 mp3 m4b
Chapter 22 mp3 m4b
Music Playlist at: youtube "Arrangements"
Cover Artist: idellaphod
Beta Listener: readbyanalise010
Fandom: Mad Max Fury Road
Ship: Furiosa/Max Rockatansky
Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence
I have many thank yous to give for this one-
Thank you to eosrose and opalsong for running the Epic Podfic Big Bang challenge! I really stretched myself here, and am so pleased with the results.
Thank you to analise010 for enthusiastically volunteering to beta listen and for being so incredibly excited about this project. You are a rockstar!
And thank you to idella for volunteering to make me last minute cover art without even being in this fandom. You are an absolute delight and I appreciate you so much
A coffee shop AU. Except more complicated. A small town setting, Furiosa is the local mechanic, too much a black sheep in town to be having the easiest time of it. Max is working the local coffee shop, for something to do and a soft place to land while he recovers from raging PTSD incurred during his police work, and Citadel, Australia, is about as small and sleepy a place as it's possible to get, right? The Wives are the residents of a rather discretely run home for abused women that Furiosa supers for when she isn't in her shop. The lesbian separatist feminist motorcycle gang is literally just that.
This is a love story, hinged around a missing person, a suspected homicide, a broken carburetor, and a mutual disdain for pretentious coffee.
Zipped MP3 [355 MB, 09:17:40]
Podbook [397 MB, 09:17:40]
Podfic Post: AO3
(Streaming available at AO3)
Ship: One-Sided Senju Hashirama/Uchiha Madara
Warnings: Potential Character Death, Canon-Typical Violence, Alcohol Abuse, Drinking To Cope, Internalized Homophobia, Implied Incest, Mental Health Issues
Summary: Hashirama put his highest hopes, dreams, and delusions into Konoha's creation. One was that, maybe, Madara didn't really hate him. Another was that, maybe, he didn't really love Madara. From Konoha's birth to the First Hokage's death. Onesided HashiMada.
Download via mediafire:
MP3 with music [443 MB, 10:53:56] Single Chapters | Chunks
MP3 without music [430 MB, 10:29:28]Single Chapters | Chunks
Podfic Post: AO3 | Tumblr
Cover Artist: Opalsong
Fandom: Teen Wolf
Ship: Stiles/Derek, Allison/Scott
Warnings: Grafic Depictions of Violence, Sexual Assault
Reader's Notes: Part 4 of the The Sum of Its Parts series. Music is Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back by My Chemical Romance.
Summary: Sequel to 'The One You Feed'. A sorcerer comes to Beacon Hills. When he seems to be targeting Stiles' pack, Stiles goes to Dr. Deaton for advice. But can the mysterious veterinarian really be trusted?
Chapter Links [length; size]:
Chapter 1 [36:26; 28.1MB]
Chapter 2 [34:01; 26.2MB]
Chapter 3 [30:09; 41.6MB]
Chapter 4 [36:19; 27.9MB]
Chapter 5 [38:20; 52.9MB]
Chapter 6 [36:51; 50.8MB]
Chapter 7 [29:11; 40.3MB]
Chapter 8 [45:56; 63.3MB]
Chapter 9 [42:45; 58.9MB]
Chapter 10 [30:43; 23.2MB]
Chapter 11 [48:31; 37.4MB]
Chapter 12 [31:46; 24.8MB]
Chapter 13 [46:37; 36.0MB]
Chapter 14 [34:55; 48.2MB]
Chapter 15 [51:17; 70.6MB]
Chapter 16 [33:35; 26.0MB]
Chapter 17 [48:55; 38.3MB]
Chapter 18 [33:46; 46.6MB]
Chapter 19 [30:05; 41.5MB]
Chapter 20 [27:42; 21.3MB]
Chapter 21 [38:12; 29.7MB]
Chapter 22 [30:21; 23.6MB]
Chapter 23 [42:21; 33.0MB]
Chapter 24 [34:08; 47.1MB]
Chapter 25 [21:48; 30.1MB]
Chapter 26 [21:32; 29.8MB]
Chapter 27 [1:18:17; 107.7MB]
Part 1 (Chapters 1-14) [8:42:29; 247.5MB]
Part 1 (Chapters 15-27) [8:11:59; 233.1MB]
Podfic Post: AO3 | Dreamwidth
1. Is your podfic is intended for the Epic Podfic Big Bang (75,000-word minimum)?
2. Are you are relatively confident in your ability to finish your podfic?
3. Are you interested in seeing an artist create cover art or another artistic contribution to companion your podfic?
If you answered "Yes!" to these questions, please reply to this post using the form template in the textbox below!
Copy (Ctrl + C) the form and Paste (Ctrl + V) it into a reply:
If there are specific scenes or visuals that really stand out for you in the story you have chosen to podfic, consider mentioning them in your comments as potential enticements or inspiration.
Art requests will be accepted on an ongoing basis until December 17th. Artists may jump in and claim any podfic that sparks their interest. Podfic + art is due to be posted December 18th-31st.